Fallen Oak is located 15 miles north of Beau Rivage Resort on a 510-acre tract in Biloxi, Mississippi. The course runs adjacent to the DeSoto National Forest.
Tom Fazio (Opened November 2006)
Playing to a par-72, Fallen Oak features five sets of tees and extends 7,487 yards from the back tees. It is open exclusively to Beau Rivage Resort guests.
Fallen Oak is characterized by a lush, rolling landscape covered in oak and pine ridges, magnolias, pecan groves, large lakes, winding streams and wetlands. The course features 10 bridges and concealed cart paths to protect the natural features of the terrain.
- A Sub air drainage system, which alternately heats and vacuums moisture out of the greens to keep them consistent and healthy.
- Tiff eagle Bermuda grass (greens), 419 Bermuda grass (fairways), zoysia grass (flanking the bunkers and creeks) and native Bahia grass (flanking the course).
- Transplanting of more than 1,000 oaks, magnolia, pine and other hardwood trees.
- More than 3,500 tons of Ohio-based, Tour Grade Signature Blend bunker sand, brought from barge down the Mississippi to Mobile, Ala., and trucked to the site.
- Approximately 125 acres of sod, enough to cover 96 football fields.
12,000-square foot Acadian-style Southern mansion with a 1,000-square foot pro shop, 70-seat lounge and restaurant.
- 1 - Golf Courses You Can Play in Mississippi - GOLFWEEK
- 2 - Top 50 Casino Courses - GOLFWEEK
- 55 - Top 100 Modern Courses - GOLFWEEK
- 19 - America's 100 Greatest Public Courses - GOLF DIGEST
- "One of the Best 19th Holes in Golf" - GOLF DIGEST