Birdies for Charity
816 Birdies Were Posted During the 2017 Mississippi Gulf Classic!
Charity began on the golf course at the Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic in 2010. In 2017, charity continues on the golf course, as you have the opportunity to make a local charity or school a big winner by participating in the Birdies for Charity program. Participating charities receive every single penny of generated donations! Additionally, each donor has a chance to win great prizes (and one GRAND prize) when pitching in to help the soliciting charity!
Birdies for Charity is a fund-raising program designed to give participating charities the opportunity to generate contributions for their organization based on the number of “birdies” made by PGA TOUR Champions players during the 2017 Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic.
Must have a 501(c)3 status as recognized by the IRS, which includes all schools.
Participating charities solicit pledges of $.03 or more per birdie or a flat donation of $10 or more from individuals or corporations. This fund-raising program has absolutely NO RISK for charitable organizations.
Benefits and Facts:
- Increases charitable contributions to Mississippi charities
- Unlimited number of charities will be able to raise additional funds using the Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic as their tool
- There are NO out-of-pocket expenses or fees to participating charities.
- All administrative costs will be handled by the Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic Foundation.
- Each participating charity will receive 100% of their collected donations. One $.03 pledge per birdie would net $22.50 for charity (example based on 750 birdies made).
- All donor information shall be protected and will remain confidential and the property of the charity. The MGRC Foundation shall not solicit or use this information for any commercial purpose.
The three best-performing charities will have their donations matched by the Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic!
- The 1st Place charity will have their collected donations matched up to $7,500!
- The 2nd Place charity will have their collected donations matched up to $5,000!
- The 3rd Place charity will have their collected donations matched up to $2,500!
Guess the Birdies Contest!
Any individual that donates will have the opportunity to guess the exact amount of birdies that will be made during the tournament and have the chance to win the GRAND PRIZE:
Two (2) night stay at Scarlet Pearl Resort
Dinner for two (2) at Scarlet Grille
Round of miniature golf for two (2) at Lava Links
For questions about getting involved with Birdies For Charity, contact Mary Wesche at 228-243-7021 or email@example.com.